Statement of purpose :
One year advanced certificate course in Histopathology (APGCC – Histopathology) has been designed keeping the following objectives in mind
- To provide hands-on experience to the technologist with Histopathology, Immunofluorescence and Immunohistochemistry techniques.
- To improve employability amongst the qualified technologists based on the special training received.
Duration of course : One year (full-time course)
General laboratory workflow and routine laboratory testing – a holistic review (duration 1 month common for all applicants).
Advanced laboratory training in Histopathology and Cytopathology (11 months).
Graded exposure to
- Sample accession (Histopathology and Cytopathology)
- Preparation of Cytology smears
- Grossing techniques
- Tissue processing and paraffin embedding
- Staining – Routine and special
- Digital microscopy
- Frozen sections
- Immunofluorescence staining
- Immunohistochemical staining procedures
- Post-test specimen handling
- Quality control
The training institution does not guarantee that trained candidates will be absorbed at the end of the course